Saturday, December 13, 2014

Settling In, Getting Comfortable and Staying Warm

We’ve settled in quite nicely here at Water’s Edge, just chilling out, meeting the neighbors and settling into a seasonal kind of life. Not much is happening to blog about.

The past week has been on the cool side for Florida. We’ve had highs in the 60’s and lows in the 40’s. It’s still a great deal warmer than most of the country so I sure won’t complain. It’s currently 72 and sunny and there’s more of that coming our way next week. Yay!

We’ve found the grocery stores, drugstores, hardware stores, some restaurants, the theatre and, of course, the fishing tackle/bait shop magic store :)

We found a nature trail a few days ago which is a nice 3.5 mile loop where we heard we could see birds, deer and alligators.  Taylor Creek Stormwater Treatment Area Trailhead is located just north of the city of Okeechobee.

20141207_14071620141207_143829

This is what we saw…

Taylor Creek Stormwater Treatment Trail

Lots of birds. No deer. No alligators :(  No other critters either, thank goodness :) It was a nice walk though and I’d go back, hoping for different results next time…minus those other critters :)

We had a nice family visit earlier this week. Rick’s cousin, Pierre and his wife Jojo just happened to be in the Fort Lauderdale area for the last few weeks and they made the trip up here to see us last Monday.

20141208_110049

We had a very nice, but too short, visit. They have left Florida to return to Quebec, where I’ll bet they are freezing! :) Pierre and Jojo, thanks for stopping by. It was wonderful seeing you both!

Rick has been fishing and I’ve been keeping all those seasonal workers at Amazon busy :) It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here :)

20141212_151216

I’ve also been playing around with Picasa trying out some of the other photo editing techniques. It appears there’s a lot more to Picasa than the “I feel lucky” button! :) The above photo is not very good but it’s the best I could improve a very poor picture :) I guess I won’t give up my day job :)

Thanks for stopping by. Turtle

10 comments:

  1. Yep...looks like a very nice place to spend the winter. We've been in the 30's so 60's sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are settling in very well. It's not quite as warm here on the East Coast at Gamble Rogers but warmer than South Carolina for sure. Really nice picture of Rick and his cousin and wife. I sure feel sorry for Pierre and JoJo. Bet they wish they were you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you and Rick are settling in for a nice three months. Enjoy those warm temps too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I've got you beat keeping those Amazon workers busy! Now if I just have enough money left to buy some diesel fuel... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely place to spend some quality time :) I could use a bit of sunny anywhere about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for keeping Amazon busy so I have my fall seasonal job :-). Looks really nice there Gail. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I certainly think about our Amazon friends during this time of year. We do our share of keeping them busy too.
    That nature walk loop looks very nice. I can see a regular visit ahead for you two.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you changed out FL for TX that would be our life right now, sure enjoying watching all the snow happen in VT with out us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh, I feel for Pierre and Jojo having to return to Quebec right about now. Hopefully they soaked up a LOT of that good ol' Florida sunshine to get them through some of those blistery cold months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Amazon...thanks! Hope y'all (a little Florida lingo) have a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.