Sunday, February 24, 2013

No News Is Good News…Yes, Really!

I’m sure the majority of you have written me off. It has been 2 months since my last post, but truth be known, we’ve just been relaxing and enjoying life down here in Rockport, Texas. This is the same place for us as last year and, while we did some exploring last year, we’ve done none of that this year. I was pretty sure we’d done nothing exciting enough to write about :)

I stepped up my walking. Before arriving here, I was averaging around 3 miles a day with some days as high as 5 miles. In the last 3 months, my average is 5-6 miles a day, with some days topping out at 8 or 9. It’s amazing how much better I feel by doing something I’ve always done. Now, I just do much more of it :) My trick is audiobooks. I can listen to books while I go and not even realize how far I’ve gone or how long I’ve been at it. This is particularly true if the book is highly entertaining. For instance, I had never read the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich so I started with “One for the Money” and worked my way through to “Notorious Nineteen” chuckling and laughing to myself all the way. Some of the neighbors probably thought I’d lost it a few times but I assured them it was just entertainment :) If you haven’t read these books and like a good chuckle, give them a try.

We had our share of potluck meals with the group here…Christmas, New Years, Superbowl. You name it, we’d figure out a reason for a get together. Nothing brings people together better than food…and, of course, drink :)

Winter Texans

We also shared some fun Happy Hours.

P1020802

A few lunches with friends…this one was with JoBeth and Catherine of RV Crazy fame.

Jo Beth & Catherine

Rick had some fun salt water fishing. It took awhile but he finally brought home dinner one night :)

Speckled Trout

We enjoyed sunsets…

2013-01-22 18.00.26

2013-01-22 18.00.35

and made plans for our next big adventure. We are about to take a 3 week vacation and are very excited. More on that in the next post.

Thanks for stopping by. Turtle

13 comments:

  1. I have trouble as well posting in the winter. I like to have something "exciting" or picture-worthy. I figured you be out there having a good time. Congrats on all the walking....ready for a job at Amazon this fall?? :-)! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. Haven't been doing anything blog-worthy every day :) Rockport looks lovely, may have to check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picture of JoBeth and Catherine, and your sunset pics are just beautiful. Way to go with your walking!! Audiobooks sound like an excellent way to make the time fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad you and Rick are doing well. We look forward to our paths crossing one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of JoBeth and Catherine. I'm also reading the Stephanie Plum series, I'm on #3. :) They are very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Stephanie Plum series on my Kindle but haven't found time to read them yet. Life sure is busy out here full-timing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondered where you'd disappeared to. I love audio books for exercising but only have a walkman and a CD playey. Do you download them onto an ipod or how do you get the whole series? Light mystery is my favorite for running but I've done all the Grafton ABC series so the Stephanie Plum 1, 2, 3 sounds like a great next move. Thanks!

    Aren't Jo Beth and Catherine the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catherine and I were glad to see you guys. We both thought you were looking fit and trim- now we know why. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has beena long time since we were in Rockport, but is it a great place to relax and worry about the blog later:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Relaxing and enjoying life is soo much more important than blogging. At least I have found that to be true for me.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  11. She finally posts and ends with a teaser to make sure we come back ;-) Good to hear all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, sounds like you are enjoying life. Can't tell you how many times we thought of you two...everybody around us this winter has been from Wisconsin...Don't cha know;o)) Glad you are getting a little vacation from ah... your vacation???? You bet cha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though we have done so much, it is hard to blog. I have photos to share, but no energy to write.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.