Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our New Yard Sign

 

As we’ve traveled this past year, I’ve had my eye out for a place I could have a sign made to display outside Lucy when we’re parked for awhile. I’ve never had any luck. I just couldn’t find what I was looking for. When we arrived in Rockport, I made it my mission to find something. Still no luck.

Then I turned to my old friend, Ebay. I found a seller who would make you anything you wanted, custom carved and hand painted  with unlimited personalization. He had excellent feedback and he would make it and ship it for under $40! (8”x16”) I thought that was an incredible deal so I ordered our sign. We communicated back and forth several times so he could be sure he made us exactly what we wanted.  He used redwood, exterior paint and then sealed it. I love it! What do you think?

P1010105

Now, we just have to get it hung :)

Thanks for stopping by. Turtle

13 comments:

  1. He did a fantastic job! Being personalized like that for $40 that was a steal.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen several folks that have a turtle sitting on the ground by the steps and it makes me think of y'all. Nice custom made sign.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your sign! It is perfect!

    Bruce and Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific sign at a great price. It's so YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be better ... now, we'll all be able to find you easily when our paths cross. As they say in Turkish, "gule gule kullanin" ... or use it in laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice! I think it has just the right info. I am one of those who tinnks it is a bad idea to show last names and place of residence for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very nice! And, sounds like you got a bargain! Hope all is well with you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect!! Can't see a turtle without thinking of you two;o))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yard sign. I would like to have the sign makers contact info since I am interested in having a yard sign as well. Could you send me the contact info?
    Thanks
    jerry at waggintailsrv dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so perfect! It's great to have a sign when other RV'ers are looking for you in a park.

    ReplyDelete