Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From Nashville to Sevierville

I can’t believe how quickly our time in Nashville went by. It seems we had just arrived and it was time to leave. We had a great time with family. We had cookouts and sleepovers and Wii competitions with lots of relaxing and visiting in between. When we arrived, the kids (daughter and SIL-I’ll always call them kids) were trying to sell their house. By the time we left 2 weeks later, they had sold it. Closing is April 30th so they are really excited! They are definitely scrambling now. They will move into an apartment for a few months while their new home is being built.

Monday morning we left Nashville for Sevierville in the Tennessee mountains. We are attending the RV-Dreams rally here this week. There were a lot of RV’s at River Plantation RV Park when we arrived. We got settled in and then did a store run to pick up a few supplies. When we got back, I curled up in my chair and took a little nap. We had gotten up early to get a early start and stay ahead of a storm coming in from the west. I hadn’t slept well at all during the night and could have really used another couple hours so I dozed for a little while. After I woke up we took a walk around the park and stopped to say hello to our rally hosts, Howard and Linda. We were late and most everyone had already stopped by for happy hour and were gone by the time we got there. Even Howard had left and was hosting a poker tournament in the Conference Center, so we visited with Linda for a few minutes and said our “see ya tomorrow’s”, then went back to the coach for a bite to eat and some TV watching. The expected storm didn’t reach us until late and was much milder than originally forecast. We got some wind and rain but nothing serious.

Today is the first day of the rally. Registration begins this afternoon with a welcome dinner this evening and some evening entertainment. The morning is ours so I think I’ll start on a big pot of chili. Tomorrow is the chili cook off and I think chili is always better the second day :) I imagine we’ll be busier the rest of the week too, so I better take advantage while I can :)

I see people out walking their dogs in long pants and jackets. It’s gotten cold and windy since the front blew through last night. Temps had been in the high 80’s, even low 90’s but this morning they are in the 50’s and very windy with the wind predicted to pickup even more as the day progresses. Hopefully, it’ll settle on a nice pleasant temp for the remainder of the week. 70’s would be nice :)

As I haven’t yet taken any photos here, I will leave you with a sunset over Old Hickory Lake in Mt. Juliet, TN (just north of Nashville) where we spent our last 3 nights while there. We were at Cedar Creek COE park. Until next time, thanks for stopping by.

IMGP2240 (Small)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture of the sunset!

    I hope you can find time to blog every night, but speaking from experience, that's going to be hard. Pls do your best though. lol

    Have a wonderful time this week!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.