Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blog Block

I am suffering from a case of blog block if that’s even a term. It’s been over a week since I’ve posted and I just can’t think of anything interesting to write about.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving with friends and a rather quiet, unremarkable weekend.  We spoke to daughter Nicole in Italy Thanksgiving evening. She’s doing well and adjusting to life there. It’s much different living in another country vs. just visiting. Thanksgiving is her favorite holiday so she was a bit homesick that day. She and her flat-mates were planning a festive American feast for 20 on Sunday. We also got to talk to daughter Carrie and all the grandkids. They were having fun and cooking up a storm :) I missed having all the leftovers around as we were guests elsewhere so, on Sunday I made a “fake” Thanksgiving dinner with baked chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and Stove Top stuffing. It sure was good and took care of my leftover craving :)

We stayed far away from any stores on Black Friday. It just didn’t seem to be worth battling the crowds.  We did get the tree put up on Saturday though. It made things a little more festive. IMGP1686 I was surprised that it fit as well as it did. A small table top tree would probably be more practical, but we had this one already so thought we’d see if we could make it work.  It sits on the Rubbermaid tub that all the Christmas stuff was in so that tub is pulling double duty :)

We had an unseasonably warm and humid day today. I was able to go for a walk @ 9:00 this morning in short sleeves. It’s now after 10:00PM and it’s still about 70. We are under a severe weather watch this evening. There are severe storms coming from Georgia and South Carolina that are supposed to arrive sometime after midnight bringing strong winds and heavy rain. It has left damage in it’s path so I hope it runs out of steam before it gets here.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your evening.

3 comments:

  1. Rick and Gail, I hope that storm passes you by. You don't need any knocked down tree limbs in your way. Tell us more about the city/town where you live. I love hearing about NC. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the blogging lag might have something to do with my guess that at this season us RVers are a little more disoriented than at other seasons. Planning a Thanksgiving dinner or decorating a motorhome for Christmas makes us seem more out of place than hosting a 4th of July picnic does.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.