- I have learned that anything mounted on the roof that has a motor will sound 10x louder, when running, than the comparable item in a stick and brick house. This results in the usage of many more AA batteries. The TV remote gets used constantly-volume up, volume down depending on whether the A/C or heat pumps are running
- I have learned that a 10 gallon hot water heater really is large enough! I couldn’t imagine that one but it’s true. I even gave it the ultimate test this week. I ran a load of laundry, the dishwasher and took a shower all at the same time. I still had hot water when I got out of the shower! I was very impressed…and confused. Why is 10 gallons enough in an RV when 40 gallons in a house is sometimes not enough?
- I have learned it is a given that any item I need, that I have stored in the basement, will be in the furthest spot accessible and always under several other things I thought I’d need first…and didn’t.
- I have learned I don’t like the RV refrigerators. Although they look nice, they are not deep enough to fit much of anything in them. And we have one of the largest models! I also don’t like the fact that they freeze anything on the top shelf…which happened to be the eggs We are planning to replace our unit with a residential model this winter. In the same footprint, we can get almost double the space.
- I have learned that I absolutely love my gas cooktop. I’ve always had electric in the past and this gas thing is a real treat for me!
- I have learned that I have not missed or needed any of the STUFF it took me 3 years get rid of. If I had known that before I bought any of it, just think of the money I would have saved
- I have learned that no matter how much I learn (and there’s something every day) I will probably never learn everything about this coach or this lifestyle.
- I have learned that I still have too much kitchen stuff. More purging on the way!
- I have learned that I don’t need a big house to live comfortably or be happy.
- And last, but not least, I have learned that there are many people out there just like me. People that travel, people that live in their RV, people that write wonderful blogs about their travels and their lives. People I’m getting to know virtually and hopefully, someday in person. Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for letting me know you are out there.
5 hours ago