Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Good Night's Sleep with Sleep Mate, AKA: White Noise Maker

I slept like a baby last night. First, I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV :) I rarely do that...it's more of a hubby thing :) I had spent a good part of the day shopping (yes, more!) and then cleaning up the apartment so it will be ready to turn the keys in this weekend. By the time I got home, I was pooped. I fixed us some salmon with a pasta/veggie side and then got comfortable for the evening. It wasn't long before I picked myself up and took myself to bed. The previous 2 or 3 nights had been interrupted by the weather radio several times. The weather had changed to boring so that issue no longer existed.
I had purchased this "sound machine" on the recommendation of fellow RVer, Dee. She swore by it and I needed something to help neutralize all the "new sounds". If we were to stay here permanently, I would eventually become accustomed to the different noises. Moving around though, there's new noises everywhere. This does a pretty good job. It doesn't cover all noises, but it masks a lot of them. I slept really good last night. Now, if it would just drown out the weather radio...after we know it's for the next county over :) Reprogramming that radio is my project for today. It appears we do have the 'more specific' type. I guess the programming was operator error :)

Before I get to that project, I've been elected to make a Home Depot run for nuts and bolts to go with Rick's project of the day. More on that later :)

1 comment:

  1. I used a sound machine for years and it was a lifesaver. Hope you like yours and sleep well!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.