Thursday, September 9, 2010

Eyebrow threading???

Who knew? I have to admit that when it comes to some of the newer beauty treatments, I'm still in the Ice Age. I am fascinated when I hear of some of these things, but would never even think about having many of them done. Not so when it comes to eyebrow threading. Again, this was another of those things I had only recently heard about. It seems, however, that this is an ancient art and has been around for 2000 years! There is a place at the Streets of Southpoint Mall that does this and has caught my attention several times in the last few weeks.

Last night I met my friend Kathy for dinner and a stroll in the mall. As we walked past the eyebrow threading kiosk, I had the opportunity to watch the technique being done on a customer and couldn't resist trying it myself. I suffer from old age eyesight and haven't been able to pluck my eyebrows in years! If I take my glasses off to do the deed, I can't see the eyebrow to pluck.  Leaving the glasses on, obviously, is not a solution. So... I settle for selectively plucking a stray, wiry, gray hair occasionally over the brim of my glasses and hoping for the best.

No more! I found out I actually have an eyebrow arch! It's been hidden for so long I didn't even remember :) In less than 10 minutes I had 2 perfectly shaped eyebrows with minimal discomfort. Comparing it to tweezing makes it an easy choice for me. One removes one hair follicle at a time-painfully, the other removes an entire line of hair at a time with just a little pinch. It is much faster and much more comfortable.

I'm a convert. If this is something others have been doing for 2000 years, I figured it must be safe :)  How about you? Is this something you do, have done, will do or never heard of? Just curious.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.