Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rough Day

I had a bit of a setback today. I had OT early-from 7:15 to 8:15 AM and it included bathing and dressing so my therapist, Betty could assess how I do in those areas. I did well and once we were finished, it was just a short wait for breakfast. After breakfast, my PT, Tom, came to take me to PT. We started with leg circles on the left and weight pressure exercises on the right. All was well until the pain meds I had taken at 5 AM wore off and fast. My leg just throbbed and I couldn't continue. They had the nurse bring me more and I rested on one of the exercise boards for about a half an hour.  That was not enough time and they took me back to my room where I rested and waited and waited and finally, after 2 hours and 10 minutes, the meds took affect. I guess I need to be taking them on a more regular basis and not let them completely wear off. The pain is much worse the last couple days and I have to attribute that to the PT and working of all these muscle and tendon groups that haven't done much of anything for the last month.

The remainder of the day was spent resting. I'll try PT again tomorrow but will make sure I have fresh pain meds in me first.

Kathy H stopped by after work for another nice visit. She brought her dinner with her and we ate, talked and watched the geese outside my bedroom window :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.