Thursday, May 13, 2010

My leg can breathe! Yeah!

When the doctors made their rounds this morning, they decided to remove my bandages and check the incisions on my leg. What a wonderful feeling :) Everything looks good. There are a lot of stitches and many incisions, but the healing seems to be progressing well. I was able to scratch (lightly) and rub and add a little lotion in protected areas. It was wonderful. They are going to cover it with a ted hose (support hose) instead of the bandages. I told them to take their time coming in to do that :) It just feels so good to let it breathe! The brace will also go back on over the hose but it should greatly reduce the bulk. There is still some swelling but that seems to be going down also. Here is what the leg currently looks like. The photos were taken from my phone, so quality isn’t the greatest, but you get the idea.

051310075748 051310075722 051310075730 051310075740 I hope these pictures don’t freak anyone out. They look much worse than they really are.

At 3:00 PM today, the ambulance showed up to transport me to the Brian Center. I was all transported and in bed there by 4:00 PM. This is a very nice large private room with a shared bath but the person next door is bedridden and doesn’t use the bathroom so guess it’s all mine. Unfortunately, I currently don’t use it too well either :) But that will get better.

I filled out all the necessary forms, had a skin assessment, a dinner tray (not the best food on the block-hope that improves) and settled in for the evening. This is the first day of my rehab. Let’s hope they all go this well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for everything you had to go through. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.