Friday, April 30, 2010

A walk outside

Thursday was hair wash day for me again! That always makes me feel so much more human. Rick left for work around 7:30 and then returned by 10:00. I gave myself a sponge bath, changed clothes while he changed the bed. He washed my hair at the kitchen sink. That works pretty good.
Then, he took me for a walk outside in my wheelchair! It was a beautiful day and it felt really good to get out there. One of these days I'm going to feel up to a real walk and we'll get farther than the parking lot :)

Lunch was a half turkey sandwich and jello. My appetite is low so it doesn't take much to fill me up these days. I think that's a good thing. I get the equivalent of zero exercise so I don't need any unnecessary calories. I think the thinner I can get, the better off I am rehab wise.

We finished the day with Nicole's stir fry for dinner and watched a little TV. Our cable is free here (included with the rent) but it is basic and we don't have a guide or a DVR to rely on like before. It's taking some getting used to, but it works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.