Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Great Movers!

The movers arrived promptly at 10:15 this morning and made short work of the few pieces we needed moved to a storage unit. Carrie is taking a few pieces of furniture but neither they nor us had time to come and pick it up or deliver on such short notice. The solution was a climate controlled storage unit until we can work out the logistics. The 2 guys that showed up came prepared to work :) They loaded the truck, followed me 25 miles to the storage unit and unloaded in 1 hour 15 minutes. I was impressed. They have a 2 hour minimum which I gladly paid and tipped them for a job well done. One more thing taken care of.

I spent the rest of the day at the apartment working on the office/computer area in the dining room. It's still tight but it's a bit better. It's just going to require more than I had to give it today :)

I picked up fried chicken and cole slaw for supper. It's not something we have more than once a year as it's not healthy but it's easy and doesn't need to be cooked in my non-equipped kitchen. Tasted pretty good too :)

Rick disconnected and pulled out the washer and dryer this evening. I'm going to stop by the used appliance place on the corner tomorrow to arrange a pickup. If that doesn't work, I'll put them out on Craigslist for free. They are very old-the dryer is 18 yrs old and the washer is 14. They don't match and they ain't pretty but they still work, so maybe someone can get some use out of them.

Later we watched the American Idol results show. Now it's off to bed. Another full day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Mom...do you have a w & d in the apartment, I HOPE?!!!!?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.