Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fulltime in 2010-still a possibility

The decision to push forward with our fulltiming plans is once again in motion. Being unemployed makes things a bit clearer. If we stay in the house, I'll have to get another job and we'll be tied here indefinitely. If I take my retirement next February and Rick takes his next October, we'll be fine living on the road. If we run short some months, we have a cushion and our investments to help. The investments are improving after the initial 40% plunge so we're very optimistic at this point. The housing market seems to have stabilized a bit also which is more good news. The current task is readying the house for market-cleaning, painting landscaping etc, etc. I have completed the laundry room and am currently working on the dining room. I've been sidelined for a few days with a cold/sinus thing that keeps me sneezing and blowing my nose all day. The goal is to have everything done and ready to put the house on the market in the spring (March/April). If it sells quickly, we'll move into an apartment for a short time while we shop for our motorhome. If it doesn't sell quickly, we'll wait it out here. Either way, it will happen eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.