Saturday, December 6, 2008

Garmin Nuvi 750

Six months ago, we bought a Magellan GPS. It was a basic entry level model but worked great for us. I particularly liked it because I can get lost driving around the block! It was used infrequently over these 6 months wih the last time being the end of October for our trip to Nashville. It did a great job on that trip. So, imagine my surprise when I attempted to use it last Sunday and it wouldn’t even power on. I tried everything…A/C adapter, USB adapter, cigarette lighter in the car. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. I had purchased it at Costco, so took it back there on Monday. Again, imagine my surprise when they gave me a full refund, no questions asked. They didn’t even care that it wasn’t working. They would have done the same thing if I had just changed my mind and decided I didn’t like it. Amazing! I hesitated to replace it with the same model, but guess I could have. If it broke, I’d just take it back again. After doing some research online, I settled on a Garmin model 750 and purchased it from Costco.com. It’s covered by the same guarantee as items purchased in the store. If you’re not happy for any reason, you can take it to any store and they’ll even refund your shipping charges. I can’t imagine how they can do this and stay in business. Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.